Unfortunately lice is part of life these days!! I found some great products available online from nomorenits.net, plus the website has a ‘how to’ video for extracting those little suckers! Here’s what you need to know about lice from the experts at nomorenits :
- Female head lice lay lice eggs.
- One female louse lays 3-5 eggs a day on the hair shaft.
- To succeed in eliminating a head lice infestation, one must remove all eggs/nits and live lice from the hair.
- The eggs/nits are tear drop shaped, usually brown in color, and are attached to only one side of the hair shaft.
- Egg/nit look alikes, called hair casts, are the same shape but are white and they surround the hair shaft and are often misdiagnosed as eggs/nits.
Consider the following information when determining how to clean your home, which is essential to be on your way
to being lice free:
- Using harsh chemicals and pesticides is not a proven treatment and, in our opinion, is not recommended at all.
- Don’t rely on a product that claims to kill eggs and nits.
- Lice eggs/nits and live bugs must be removed by hand in conjunction with an all natural treatment.